365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Walking in the woods..

...well, not in the woods, but it felt like it. Its a tree lined street down which I walked today, 4mile round trip. And the trees have changed colors- brilliant fiery orange, lemon yellow, dark green, shades of maroon- an artists palette. I used to admire flowers but now have transfered my loyalties to trees. And the lawns are covered with the fallen leaves, all crunchy under the feet. Its like the set of a movie. I think I took longer today because slowed down to look at some of them- not that I mind, some walks should be just for pleasure.

Last year at this time my long walks were 2-2.5miles, nowadays 3 miles is a short workout!

Today went to the library for M.Pollans book- In Defense of Food, had to put that on hold, instead got The Omnivores Dilemma by the same author. The reviews are good, tho I guess I will just skip over the technical parts, not in a mood to read any heavy stuff. OTOH, decided to read some good books- to that end got Beloved by Toni Morrison, its been some time since I read any thought provoking literature, its been all candy floss magazines for too long. As I am getting more choosy about what I put in my body, so it is for my mind.

Thanksgiving Break coming up- 9 whole days with my kids at home, and along with kids come 3 regular meals, umpteen snacks, leftovers which I have to finish, candy, pumpkin pie, the couch and movies and popcorn!! So the plan is to do my workout in the morning while they are still in bed, 4miles in the morning and I am set for the day. And I have to start being more mindful of there eating too- they have developed a liking for taco bell bean burritos recently, have to wean them off before they end up like me.

Was reading today- the average american woman is 5feet 4 inches, 157 pounds. This is the first time in my life that I am above average- 5'3", 160 pds ;)
Hope to be below average soon!!

No comments: