365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Little aches and pains...

...which I hope dont turn into major activity stopping aches and pains.

Woke up at 5AM, had my tea and morning snack, woke up the DH who is himself nursing his own little aches and pains, in the knees and foot, and who now cant run but has to do a measly walk with me!

Started at 6.11 AM, beautiful weather, pinkish glow to the sky in the horizon, 60*, perfect.

But could not run. Attempted it at 4 different times, each time, pain in the lateral part of left knee, as if dry bone rubbibg against something, and feeling of something loose in the right knee. So felt very dejected, went over the past few workouts in my mind, I was Ok till my last workout on thursday which was a R/W but I had started feeling something wrong in the right knee then. Maybe its just my shoes which need to be changed since I have used them for atleas a year. I was planning on buying them over the winter break , so as to start with new shoes in 2009, but I guess I will have to get them now.

Came back home and did some knee strengthenening exercises, specifically for runners knee- tighten the muscles in the front of the leg 10-15 times, or raise the tight leg off the ground 5-10 times. I have had this problem before and the exercises helped then, have to get back into the habit of doing these after each run, sorry, walk, for now.

Reading an old issue of Runner's World, and they say black tea has more health giving properties- preventing cancer/heart ds etc than black tea with milk, the milk negates the healthy properties. My knee-jerk reaction was: I will drink only black tea from now even tho it tastes yuck to me. The next thought was: what is the use of living even 2 years extra if I spend the next 30 drinking that medicine tasting brew? In other words why should I spoil my taste 3 times a day for 30 years to have 2extra years and in todays economy who knows if I will be able to afford it?

So, drink tea with milk, eat more chocolate and keep walking, run if I can.

No comments: