365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nov11 to Nov20

and I have lost 2 pounds,two pounds!! Cant believe it, know that this could be simply water weight,BUT, I am 2 pounds lighter today. Much better than being 2 pounds heavier.

So how did this happen, because there definatly wasnt a change in the first 10 days.
What did I do better:
--I am more regular with logging the daily intake on fitday.com
--I have walked/run approx. 45-50 min 5 days a week.

Other than that I do not think I have done any thing major. Daily calorie intake has been 1500-1600, the one thing I have done consiously is to not eat out of the house, so I wonder how it will play out after our Friday lunch at Daphne's.
I log in the daily food intake in the morning itself so I know what I will be having for each meal and snack ,and how much. That way if I have anything out of the ordinary, I can factor that into the calorie budget and stop eating once I reach 1500 calories.

Previously whenever I started a weight loss program, I would only do those actions which I thought I could maintain for life. So I never counted calories, or went for long walks, thinking that I wouldnt be able to maintain it forever. That thought is still at the back of my mind, however, now the idea is to first lose the weight and then worry about maintainance. And if I do it healthily, it shouldnt be difficult to maintain. Exercise 1 hour a day is a must as it is, and counting calories is a way to teach myself about the correct portion sizes.

Goals for Nov 21-Nov 30:

-Walk/Run 5days a week, 60 min minimum, esp during Thanksgiving break.

-Try and get 100%of the nutrients in a day- this might be more of a long-term thing, my daily nutrition lacks in a few vitamins etc, so I will work on them one by one.
This session I will work on the Calcium- try to get 100%calcium everyday.

2 pounds gone...WOW!!!

No comments: