365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Monday, November 10, 2008

I never lose...

...weight , that is. Anything else , of course. But these pounds are mine and mine alone.

Weight today, lost nothing,nada, zero, zip, zilch. Dissapointed, ?..., no, in the back of mind, just know that this will be one slow journey, that is, if I move. For a moment felt like giving this up, whats the use, lets have a tangible goal, accopmlish something, but then, if not now, when. I do need to take care of my health, have borderline high blood pressure, just the xtra weight on the joints not good over the long term, love sweets so might end up with diabetes if dont control myself now, there is something called Metabolic syndrome X- a combination of some factors which I might be having which can cause chronic disease later on- i just dont want to be on a bunch of pills which I wont remember to take what with my failing memory.
So onward and forward I go !!

On a better note, was doing the Wii-fit and my calculated age is 35 years instead of the 40, so thats good.
I cant make my weight go down faster but there are some things I can try and control, so for the next 10 days (Nov11-Nov20):
- do the scheduled workout sessions, 7/10 days.
- start the program of strength training again.
- eat everything, yes, including the pizza, but according to the portion sizes. Find and note down the reasonable portions for some common foods.

1 comment:

tamblair said...

Don't get discouraged. I know that is easier said than done. Like you said, the health change is always positive for anyone. Just keep going and see what happens.