365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Monday, November 3, 2008

Mindless Eating : Brian Wansink

Have read half of this book and the first reaction is'Duh!! I knew that!!' To which anyone can say 'then why didnt you follow it?'

Nicely written book, very simple to understand, we have read most of the facts in the form of snippets in various magzines, things like eating in a larger dish makes you eat more, eating with friends, using flat glasses for drinks, portion sizes, eating while watching t.v. or a movie, our own perception of how much and what we eat, I would say its definately worth a read. So far, not a whisper of counting calories. I liked the part I am reading now which talks about our habits with regards to food. I will make a note of each behaviour and analyze it with regards to my own habits.

My habit is to enter the house thru the kitchen and start stuffing myself. Its worse during the winter mnths because the house is so cold and I just want to feel warm - there is a study somewhere that states that cold makes us eat more. So today , instead of going to the pantry I put on the water for tea and heated up some leftovers. The changed into my warmest, fleeciest clothes, had lunch, did keep in mind the portion sizes, and felt better.

I am keeping a calorie log on fitday.com- I had used that site some years ago and as usual given up after a few attempts. Today so far my calorie count is 1450, that is after I have had the 2 reeses PB cups I wanted to- not eaten mindlessly- I tasted each bite and the 2nd one wasnt as satisfying as the first. Now a cup of tea, some t.v, maybe some weights , some more reading and then lalaland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I upstanding estimate what a remedy to happen someone who literally knows what theyre talking nearly on the internet. You unequivocally know how to lure an outflow to sunrise and deliver the goods a succeed it important. More people need to interpret this and empathize with this side of the story. I jargon believe youre not more accepted because you assuredly contain the gift.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]