365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Addition, subtraction and weight loss

Was teaching my 7yo some addition and to emphasise the point said "2+2 is always going to be = to 4, whatever you do."

Then the next thought was 'except in weight loss.'

Why ? , because it takes subtracting 7000 calories to lose 2 pounds but only 300 measly xtra calories on a rest day to put it all back on my petite frame.

Anyway, today had to take my 14yo for soccer game to a community 45 min away so had no time in the morning to finish my LSD. Out there its a place I'd never been to before so I decided to walk around looking at the houses etc. Its a relatively new community, each house in the range of 2-3million, with large lawns and landscaping around. The whole community has a loop of pavement running around it, which one kind elderly couple told me was about 4.5-5miles. So I started off, thinking I would just walk the loop in maybe 1h20min max. The loop turned out to be so hilly, with curves going up and down every few steps that it took me much longer. But the view was lovely- the houses, birds, golf course, the sunny cold morning, I thoroughly enjoyed it tho it took me almost 1h40min and I missed the first half of the game.

I will maybe run tomorrow, since today was the walk day.

Try and focus on the calories again, was so hungry when I came back that loaded on the bread with cheese omelette. Now the kids want to go to The Cheesecake Factory tonite to celebrate I dont know what and their Dad seems to be in an expansive mood so he said 'yes' which means I will be one expanded person soon!

No comments: