365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Random thoughts

Went for R/W 3.8m in 56 min. Have diagnosed the cause of the pain behind right knee- its because I did all those sessions of downhills and uphills a week ago. Was feeling OK when started but had a tight sensation in the right leg, heaviness, couldnt take a proper stride. Carried on for sometime and felt Ok by the time reached home. Lay down to do hamstring strtches and the right one is so tight and painful.
So within the next month I have to find somebody to do a gait analysis on me.

Diet is going Ok, log in everyday on fitday. That site is good, it gives the daily requirement, the calorie balance, the nutrition etc. But I dont agree with some of the calorie counts for the foods so try and match with the package counts.

I have noticed that running suppresses my appetite to a certain extent. So doing the session in the afternoon helps, I eat slightly less at the evening meal and the warm bath after helps me sleep better. Yesterday was rest day and I ate much more - just snacking and bits and pieces here and there.

I was surfing and came across this book- In Defense of Food by M. Pollan or Pollack. It has some good reviews on Amazon so I might get it to read over Thanksgiving Break.

...Which I am dreading because of the FOOD involved! Either one cooks at home or there is so much pressure to eat if you go anywhere else. I know the holidays come once a year but starting with the halloween candy thru Thanksgiving, X'mas, NewYears, its 4-5 solid months of eating. Doesnt help that my DH's b'day, our anniversary and my birthday are in Jan/Feb. So am hoping that the regular logging will hold me in check this time.

Havent done any free weights, tho do some yoga every couple of days and that keeps me limber. Might take the first week of Dec either complete rest from running or cut back to half of what am doing now. Need to give some rest to these old bones and tendons and ligaments etc.

Weigh-in in 2 days, lets see if there is any progress.

2 comments:

Yaktrax Services said...

Sorry to hear about your knee pains! I work with Sof Sole and would love to send you a few samples of our insole products and other below-the-ankle footwear (no strings attached). If you are interested, please email me at yaktrax.experience@gmail.com. Best wishes!

tamblair said...

Oh, the holidays. Full of all the good stuff we love to eat!! I am dreading it and looking forward to it all at the same time!!