365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Month1 , Days 1 to 10

Beginning of a new goal: to lose 36 in 365 days. Will I be able to do it?

The math is easy, lose a pound every 10 days, but the body doesnt work like that. Cravings, plateaus, loss of steam, days when I just give it all up, days when I cannot or will not exercise, memories of failing before, memories of gaining instead of losing.

But hey, whats a challenge if its not difficult? Marathon?, anyone can do it! Losing weight, now, thats difficult. Keeping it off , unthinkable at this time.

So, the plan.
Every 10 days I will examine one food related behaviour , try to work thru it, why I do it, when and how does it occur, how can I overcome it. Also I will try to build a new habit to replace the old. Thru it all continue with the running because am planning to run a half-M in May 2008.

What an amazing day to start this plan, one day after halloween!! But this morning my kids actually got rid of most of it. A local dentist had the wonderful idea of paying $2 for all unopened candy which they would send to the troops in Iraq. The kids ,and also their moms, would eat less candy, get less dental disease and the soldiers would appreciate it. Hey, I appreciate it.

My daughters gave me 6 reeses peanut butter cups and a milky way-large bar - I have to make this last atleast thru November. One part of me wants to finish it all today and the other saner part tells me to savor it one day at a time. Since its the first day of my challenge, I listen to sane Ms NB. Theres still 4 hours before bedtime tho'.

1 comment:

tamblair said...

You can do it!! If you can train for a marathon, I firmly believe you can accomplish anything! Have you ever tried Weight Watchers? You can do it all online, there are tons of recipes and ideas, and it really helped me look at my food in a different light. I have lost ten pounds. It is not easy, but it works. And I have had to face my issues with my emotional eating head on. Just a thought - I swear I am not a paid employee or anything. I never dreamed it would work as well as it does, but now I am a believer! Good luck!!