365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Friday, November 14, 2008

2 weeks done...

...of this challenge,- nothing lost, everything gained.

Have been walking everyday, did R/W on wed , missed yest and today as soon as started running, within half a min had this uncomfortable feeling in the right calf, back of the knee. And also at the top of the left knee. Usually if I continue running, it goes away in a few min, but today it kept feeling as if something was loose inthe knee joint. So walked the whole way, might try the scheduled 5 mile tomorrow, or not, depending on how I feel.

The eating is a whole another story. Calculated on fitday.com: my basic metabolic rate needs 1700 cal every day, so to lose weight , I should be eating only 1400 cal every day, which is the most difficult thing to do.

The calories info on fitday does not match with the package info, so I try to put in the calorie no. as I see on the package. But I never realised I was eating so much. For example, in my eyes as long as the piece of bread is whole wheat , its Ok. Nope, one slice of whole wheat has atleast 100-120 cal depending on the brand, and fitday puts it in as 78 cal. So I have to double check everything and it gets a tiny bit tedious, esp for a person who doesnt like to get into the details of the matter.

My downfall is rice tho, one cup is such a meager serving, and I am not in the habit of measuring yet, so I just load it on- 200 cal per cup!! And lentils, supposedly very healthy, no doubt, a one cup serving in 333 cal. So if I eat both together, which is what I do mostly,- I can finish a whole days calorie goal in one sitting.

So I am not doing so good with the 'diet' part. And I was going to stop blogging. Then I thought that if nothing else, atleast I am trying. Tho the last time I 'tried' to lose weight, I gained 10 pounds. Anyway, if it takes even 2 months for this to sink in, like the marathon goal, atleast I will lose something in the end. At this time I will be happy even with a 12 pound loss at the end of the year.

So carry on eating and burning and logging.

1 comment:

tamblair said...

We sound so much alike when it comes to eating. I, too, can eat an entire days worth of food in one sitting. It may take you a while to start to see results, but lowering your portions gradually and becoming more aware of what you are eating will eventually bring results. GOOD LUCK!!!!