365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Friday, November 7, 2008

Motivation, exercise, diet

GB attended an eye camp last week where free eye operations were done for the needy.

I had a brilliant idea, as all my ideas are : I will put in a dollar for every workout I do towards a donation for the eye-camp. I dont know the specifics, how much is needed for one eye operation, but this is a selfish thing just to make me be more regular-with my workouts. A workout will be any session atleast 45 min in length or 45 min in a day if I have time constraints. If I workout 5 days a week, in 50 weeks I can collect $250. So that is the motivation...

...to exercise. Today was a rest day but I did some Wii-fit. I never actually tried it before and today I played this soccer simulating game in which one has to do headers- I never got past 300 points and today I got 506- 555 is the highest which GB and my 7yo and my dad- all Wii-fit experts, got. So that felt nice. As usual, if I am getting good at it, the first thought is 'I'll do this everyday', but I know I can never be regular. And that brings us to ...

the DIET. In which I am failing, miserably. OK, I know, its been only 7 days, and I have hogged huge amounts of chocolate in two of those, but still, dont feel as if anything is happening. Not that I would know, how does one 'know' if the loss is one pound of fat in 10 days. When I was preparing for the marathon, atleast I felt tired or sore or nervous or I had to do something, take action, move to prepare. But here the less i do the better. The less I eat, the more I lose. I have logged on my calories for this week, average is 1500, aim is 1400. Believe me , this is the most boring thing I have done, and thats what I keep telling myself- do it, lose the pounds, only because you find it a boring but difficult thing to do. If it were so easy, we would be models of fitness, and no-one would care about universal health coverage.

No comments: