365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Monday, November 24, 2008

Food and Books

I love both and realised that just as I cant pass any chocolatey, gooey, creamy stuff, I cant pass up any magazine and just as I eat big portion sizes of the healthy food, I overdose on books.

Went to the library and they had an announcement of being closed for Thanksgiving. To me that is a signal of book starvation coming up, so I brought back 25-30 books, 15 for my 7yo so she cant complain of not having anything to read, rest for me. At this time I have 3 books on food and diet-'The Omnivores Dilemma','In defense of food' both by M.Pollan and 'Fit to live'by Pamela Peeke. I didnt know where to start and so I have started all three, keep forgetting what I am reading, keep reading the same stuff, get frustrated, throw them on the side and hit the pantry.

Talking of behaviours which trigger over-eating, for me a good book has to be accompanied by some food. As a teenager, my favorite past-time was to get lost in an Enid Blyton with a stack of sandwiches next to me. My mother would wonder how a whole loaf of bread would disappear by the time she came back from her evening walk!
Nowadays being able to read for even 15 min straight is a luxury, there is always someone whose need is more pressing, and as I get older, Ok, I am not that old, but still it takes me more time to assimilate material now than before.

Walked more , ran some, 3miles in 45 min. Nice sunnny morning, Right calf still hurting off and on so taking it easy.

Today on MSN, they have an article of the fitness of the OBamas- how they wake up early to fit exercise in their schedules. Good for them, and if they can do it, we can too- yes , we can!! Her arms are great tho. Free weights from today!!

No comments: