365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Running and math

Did R3/W1 4miles in 55 min, aim is to be able to do R5/W1 for the half marathon in May.
Had a downward inline of 200 ft which I faced while coming back home. And the aim is also to be able to run up this hill without taking breaks. Passed the high school cross-country team effortlessly climbing up this hill, envy them so much... but u no wot? I never ran like that, ever. Its always been hard labor for me, maybe thats why I gave up each time. But this time, hopefully will keep at it.

Now lets do the math. For a person like me, the daily calorie requirement for a sedantary person is approx 1700 cal- got this from the www.fitday.com - its a good site to follow. I call myself sedantary because the majority of my day is spent sitting- on the office chair or the couch.

Anyway, and 3500 calories make a pound. To lose a pound in 10 days, I have to use 350 calories everyday. I can do that by eating 1700 minus 350 cal or do 350 calorie worth of exercise.

Eating less is not viable, I never realised that the serving size of rice is half a cup and not one, and that even one cup of cooked rice is much less than the heap I eat each time. Oh, 'ate' because from today everything that goes in this body will be measured - atleast for this month, just to learn the correct portion sizes. Tho I think the old body is going to rebel at the sight of those meager servings and therefore I will go with one cup instead of half-For Now only.

So the next option isto move more. 5 days a week I should be able to get rid of 350 cal by r/w for atleast 45 min, will have to think for the other 2 days, which are supposed to be my rest days.

The run was good today. Tho I am missing GB.

No comments: