365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day 91, what happened??

30 min/R4.6mph,2min /W3.0mph 2 min for total 20 min /1.67miles.

What happened?? Today I was going to do my version of the speed session, 2min at 4.6mph and 2 min of 3.0mph for 40 min just like last week , the only difference was 4.6 instead of 4.5mph.
Started off with warmup very slow at 2.8mph and then started running. 2 sessions of the run at 4.6mph and the shinsplints started, verry verry bad and oh so painful, the legs esp the right one grew heavy and I started dragging it. Now I remember I had these previously and had decreased my speed to a shuffle. On top of that was huffing and puffing like Thomas the engine.Ended with a slow cooldown holding onto the tmill rail all the time. I was so happy last thursday, was it really last thursday?- I will check , that I was running at a respectable rate again but this is so demoralising.

Later on I thought I could have continued for some more time but I think it was OK to stop. I dont want to end up with a chronically painful condition tho it is very tempting to keep running to build up the mileage. On the other hand there are only 13-14 weeks to the half marathon and I wonder if I will be able to finish it. At this time , the aim is only to finish, and I hope I can do it with a smile instead of crawling to it.The worrywart in me worries that I will not be able to do it, the sane , practical me says there is no reason not to finish if I do as the program says.

Tomorrow is another day.Tomorrow I will do the walk, hopefully outside if it is sunny. Then the rest day and the LSD of 2.5miles including hills this time.

The Diet is not going too well either, I eat the same amount even tho it is spread out over the day instead of at lunch and dinner. Will look into it.Wish I could lose 10-15 pounds by the half marathon, but as some great soul once said'If wishes were horses...', yup you guessed it'everyone would ride.'

No comments: