365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Day 80

3.7 miles in 60 min including a small hill.

The plan was 4miles for LSD today. Woke at 7AM, called GB who refused to go , thought I would have some tea till the morning got a bit warmer, in 10 min the 6y.o woke up and wanted pancakes stat, then the hubby and the 13y.o also wanted their bkfsts, then GB called and said she would go with me provided I came to her house and we went from there. I hadnt marked the course from her house and did it in a hurry on mapmyrun.com and didnt realise it was less than planned. So LSD less than planned. Then hubby kept calling frequently because he wanted to take the kids for tennis and wanted help with getting them ready- since when can a 6y.o cant dress herself up??So I couldnt stretch properly afterwards.
But realised that even 5 min make a huge difference- if I had managed to get out of the house before the younger one woke up, I would have done the full 4 miles without disturbance. But then I wouldnt have had GBs esteemed company during the very slow R/W we did today.
And she was doing this after a gap of 15 days, so atleast it broke her houserest.
I will still take this as 4 miles, so 5 miles next weekend for the LSD and we will go on the road I select.
The best part of today was the sun- beautiful sunny morning, really bright and cool, fresh, the kind of morning which makes you glad and grateful to be out of the house.Hopefully will experience many such mornings.
I am glad I started the LSD on the weekends- before I would wake up on a saturday and start with the chores, racing against time to finish everything before Sunday evening. I would be in a bad mood half the time and would end up yelling at the kids most of the time.Now the LSD is priority and I try to arrange the chores around that time. Will do a websearch for some trails to run around this area.Want to involve the kids too, but dont seem to be interested yet.
Walk 4 miles tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

80 days?!?! 80 days!! That. is. awesome. Now go back and look at your very first post. You can't tell me you haven't made tons of progress.

I started an exercise blog:
carolineworkout.wordpress.com