365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day 88 Walk , knee pain

walk 2.8 mile 50 min

Today was a walk day as per the preparation for half marathon in May 08. First it was raining and windy, then the rain stopped and it was only windy, GB called and I told her I might walk on the tmill because too windy to go outside. As soon as i got off the phone, I went to change into my workout clothes and my dear hubby called saying he would like to do the tmill. Went into the closet and saw his plastic running pants and decided to try to go out instead of arguing with him about who would use the tmill first. So I covered myself nicely with a scarf, gloves, jacket and was as warm as a teacosy- and probably looked like one too. Then thought -why not go to GBs house and drop off the marathon preparation worksheet I had made for us. So walked to GBs house.
She was very very surprised to see me and felt let down that I came for a walk without telling her, I know the exact feeling. Its the feeling one gets when your best friend who is dieting with you calls and says she is having a craving for chocolate icecream.At that time you have no such craving but are reminded of the nice mocha almond fudge in your fridge.Then when you call her half an hour later after having gorged on the mocha almond fudge, she turns around and tells you she managed to overcome that craving. So who's left feeling foolish?Yup I know that feeling. So I too felt bad for a while but then realised I didnt mean to do this- in my life I just do things as and when I can, planning doesnt work because there are 3 other people in this house who can wipe out any well laid plans of mine.But yeah, I could have called her and asked her to meet me halfway which I didnt and will keep in mind for next time.

Yesterday looked up Runners knee again. Pain on going downhill, and after sitting with knees bent for some time.
2 reasons:
--wrong shoes
--weak thigh muscles.
My shoes have worn out at the heels and I have to change them before next weekend.
I was doing quadricep strengthening exercises before but got out of the habit, too lay. Now realise that the twice a week sessions of stretching and strengthening were really helping, so will start again.
Run/Walk tomorrow.

No comments: