365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Day 82

Rest day

Still sore after yesterdays walk even tho did some yoga in the morning. Ideally I would like to do free weights 20 min, yoga and calisthenics on my 2 free days, but we do not live inan ideal world, so I just manage to do 20 min of yoga - very light.
Browsed thru lots and lots of runners blogs on complete running.com.There are so many others with the same goals of 1st marathon in 2008.Was telling GB I would like to see a place where all the first time marathoners aiming for Spring/summer/Fall/winter 2008 could meet, so as our goal is Oct 2008 we could exchange training tips with other 1st time marathoners with a goal of Sept/Oct/Nov 2008. After my long winded explanation during which I thought I had got the best, world changing idea, my computer savvy sis turns around and says-its called a forum! Well, there are 2 I regularly go to - coolrunning and completerunning but I dont know, I guess I should start a forum there for Fall 08 marathoners.I will have to learn how to bookmark the blogs I like and start new threads on the running boards etc.
The running is going Ok , now I have to concentrate on my weight, I have gained 5 pounds in the last 3 months and it doesnt show any signs of moving in the opposite direction. So I have decided to bite the bullet and use the D-word in my daily vocabulary.I personally do not agree with the whole concept of dieting , more like eating right , problem is too much of the right foods still become lard on the hips and in my specific case- the belly.I tried doing weightwatchers at one time and lasted a month max, too much math involved.Today tried to count again, by mid afternoon had inhaled 3 days worth of points.No, seriously I have to do this, just so that can improve my running times.
Starting this week, again no packaged goods(how many times have I started this???), no cookies/chips.And no standing in the pantry eating first something sweet and then something salty and then something sweet to cover the salty and doing it again and again till even my tongue gives up and there is no taste.
So which behaviour to replace this? because each bad habit has to be replaced by a good one. knitting is out of question, cant concentrate enough to paint, tried doing a 1000 piece puzzle and gained 2 pounds, because what do u know-I think better when I snack- something about glucose being the primary food of the thinking brain.So what? This is something I will have to research and do, because whatever I do it better be more interesting than standing in the pantry reading the food labels and stuffing my mouth with the high fructose corn syrup, soybean oil, enriched flour, sugar, traces of nuts etc.
OK , enough rambling, R/W 55-60 min tomorrow

2 comments:

April said...

Just wanted to stop in and say hi, good luck with your training, just know there are others in the same boat, fightin the same urges (it's too cold, I'd rather watch tv, work was exhausting, etc). We'll all get there eventually, one step at a time, right?

P.O.M. said...

Good luck with your marathon. It' a truely amazing experience!