365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Day 84 of Marathon training.....marathon??? training???

It's been raining since 3 days :(, the weather is just not easing up.

Yesterday I was reading an article on ppl who don't get enough sleep and was thinking how I need atleast 8 hrs. Well, had a 7.30 am meeting and just couldn't get myself to wakeup at 6 - realised how I have been sleeping for only 6 hrs since a couple of days. I have early morning meetings and promise myself everyday that I would try to sleep early, but endup sleeping late at around 12 or 12.30. Today I was craving for food and realised it was because I was running low on sleep. Kind of screws up the whole day.
Rested/slept for an hr in the evening and woke up feeling better. Decided to go the gym at 8 pm, but at 8 changed my mind as it was raining, and I felt kind of uncomfortable going to the gym when there would hardly be a soul there. I have been to the gym this late, just that it was raining and dark and there were hardly any people outside. No, it's not an excuse, I really wanted a change.
So I decided to clean my apartment and not sit on the couch for atleast an hour. And that's what I did, better than just laying on the couch. Felt better with a cleaner apartment :). I have a 7 am meeting tomorrow, so should be ideally sleeping at 11pm to wake up at 6 am. Hopefully, will have a better day tomorroww. Also, have told myself that I may not like to go to the gym late so am aiming at 4 or 5 pm tomorrow.
NB is looking into marathon training plans, I'll try to follow what she decides upon. If only the weather gets better. I have mapped out a 5 mile route for our Saturday run. I really hope it doesn't rain and we are able to run the course.

No comments: