365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Day 87 - Long run of 5 miles

NB called at 7 am asking me to get ready by 8. Had asked NB to wake me up only if it stopped raining. Surprisingly, I woke up readily, maybe a little enthususiastically - hint, maybe I have really started to like running. The weather was nice, not windy, not cold. A morning just right for a long run, and it remained so for the duration of the run.
About 10 mins after we started, NB felt a pain in her knee. I wanted her to stop in case it got worse, but she carried on and was ok or said she was ok after some time. The first three miles were good and we ran most of the time, well, more than we usually do. Fourth mile I started getting tired and slowed down. I asked NB to carry on without me at exactly the same place I had told her the same thing last time. Had side splits off and on but enjoyed the run :)
For the first time, I felt real need of water in the fourth mile and for the first time was really tired after the run. Maybe, because it was the first time I had completed 5 miles ;)

No comments: