365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Day 83 - Missed the workout - GUILTY!!!

Right now is the time I was planning to go to the gym. The gym is right next door.....but, but, but it's cold (excuse), i am sleepy (another excuse), i like the program i am watching on tv (yet another excuse!) and I am ashamed to admit this, I want to finish the bag of chips I opened in the evening.
Went for grocery shopping and coerced myself to buy the smallest bag (yeah!!) - a teeny weeny step towards diet discipline. But these small steps do add up. About 3 months back I was a complete couch potato - the only exercise - a walk from the parking to the office and back. When I started with the workouts, I still remember, running 2 mins straight was a chore, wow!!!, and now I can run/walk 3-4 miles in an hr :).....but, but, it's time to stop gloating and start pushing myself again. Umm..., I think that's the issue, I am constantly comparing myself to where I was 3 months ago and am happy and content with my progress - which is wrong, I am far far away from the state where I can actually run a half marathon, let alone a marathon.
But in all honesty, I have started to like running, but only outside. When I started the workouts, I hated running/walking outside and loved the treadmill but now it's the opposite (another excuse why I didnt go to the gym today). But yes, having never run before in my 35 year obese life, I like this :).
So hopefully it will be a sunny bright day tomorrow and I'll go for a 4 mile run. Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: