365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Day 83 not so good

50 min ,2.6 miles, tried running but no, today was just not my day, tried very hard, didnt give up mind you, but nope. Tried to run faster, slower, shuffled, walk breaks of 2 min and then 5 min and then 10 min but just could not.Got shin splints after the first min of running,then went out of breath in the second half of the workout- today was not my day.
Thats Ok, have surfed enough blogs by now to know that this is the norm for everyone.Surprisingly this didnt get me down, and thankfully tomorrow is a walk day so I should be OK, will worry about the run on Thurs when come to it.
So the plan is 5K in march, april and half-marathon in May and the marathon in October. Will start the half marathon peparation with the new week and the marathon preparation in April , so the 5ks are going to be adjusted in the preparation for the marathon. Will post the plan for the half marathon soon once decide which one to do- hal higdons /cool-running/jeff galloway/ mix of all 3 catering to GB and my low level of activity.
On the eating front, this is how I sabotage my own efforts. The aim was not to stand in the pantry with my 2 hands in 5 different bags of junk. So what did I do? I took my daughter to mcdonalds. Did she ask for it? nope. But it was raining, the house was cold, I had a 30 min gap before I had to pick up the 13yo from school, I didnt want to go into the cold house and start stuffing myself, so I took her to McDonalds.Got her the nuggets and the fries and the chocolate chip cookies 3 for $1 and because the 2 would have fought over the third cookie, in view of my sanity I ate the 3rd cookie and ofcourse 10 french fries- looking back not much damage for the first day on a Diet if I may say so but there is still an hour before I sleep and if I start watching American Idol and my kids open a bag of chips..., no not today, not after blogging about diet and exercise.
Dont know my daily calorie requirements - last I recall were around 1600- have to confirm this. You know I am an avid reader of health mags and books but my knowledge is so sketchy that I just cant speak out any fact for sure- I mean I must have read about calorie requirements ten hundred times but I dont know mine for sure.I am a reader for sure, not a doer - dont like moving, can watch the Travel channel and the Biggest Loser and the Sports channel- tennis but hate moving, and so if am able to do this marathon it will be a personal first,and best.
Walk tomorrow and find about calorie requirements for me.
Again no packaged / processed foods tomorrow.

No comments: