365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Thursday, May 1, 2008

No motivation

Bad day to get lazy, demotivated, feeling down, as if not worth it,dont know.

Was all set to do todays workout, but 13yo had soccer practice, so left her and got her, and the hubby hogged the treadmill, and I tried to get on it later, but then gave up trying to work past all the roadblocks.
I know, lame excuses all of them, but this one workout is not going to make or break the half for me(hopefully!!). I just have to get past my own mind which at this last minute is trying to play games with me.I have gone over my whole log and know that I have a somewhat good base, I did do most of the workouts as given by J.Galloways plan. Lets see what I missed- one LSD of 14 miles and maybe 2-3 other workouts. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am able to finish this. I know I am going to be the last as the race is very small, just in its 2nd year. But its a flat course and theres no time limit so that should help.

Thanks Bobbiejo, at your recommendation did go on running room forums and they have some good discussions going on there. I visited that site approx 3-4 months ago and it did not have that much traffic then. But that is one site I will visit more often for the positive people on there.

Have tomorrow to get back into running mindset. Lets see.

1 comment:

Bobbie Jo said...

Glad I could help. The support is how I made it this far.

Best of luck in your run tomorrow. It sounds like you are definately ready.