365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Speed session

Did 5mphx1min/3mphx1min and 2 sessions at 5.5mph. 33 min. The 5mph felt comfortable today, the 5.5mph felt as if I would fly off the tmill. And it took me more than a minute to regain my breath, I dont know if that is OK or not, will have to read up on it.

I do hope these speed sessions are helping me in some way, I dont get any extra soreness after these, and I feel good after.

Weight is still a problem, more than weight its the eating- too much indiscriminate eating going on at the present time. Stress?Laziness?

Speaking of laziness- you know the naturally slim people are also very active! Ok, duh!!
What I mean is that even tho I do atleast 30 min of exercise most days of the week , I am prone to sit on the couch/in my office chair the rest of the time. For e.g., I clean my house in 3 hours and spend the rest of the time watching TV which is the same as stuffing myself. Whereas a slimmer lady wuld take 6 hours to clean the same house and therefore be moving for those 6 hours, even if slowly.
If you observe me, I like to finish my chores faster and use the rest of the time to read. A slimmer lady would just keep on with her chores and complain about having no time to read, but she would have the pleasure of being her high -school weight.
So much for being efficient!!

1 comment:

tamblair said...

I am with you on this one!! I am not someone who wants to be moving ALL day. It's not that we are lazy, but that we need time to be still. Isn't that a nicer way to put it?!? And I eat too much as well. I know I will never see my high school weight again! No matter how far or how long I run.