365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

LSD 6Miles

Today started out at 5.40 AM to beat the morning sun but even then part of the run was facing it.
Woke up GB at 5 AM, reached her house at 5.20. Started with walking for atleast 10min , then ran for a total of 2 miles, finished the first 2 miles in 26 min, then took a 5 min walking break to drink some Gatorade and that I think broke the rhythm, we just couldnot get into the previous running mode. Anyway, pushed ourselves for another mile or so, the sun shining bright on our capless heads and into our sunglasses deprived eyes, so that I was running almost with my eyes closed.
Then we came to a part shaded by trees, but that was a hill, so walked up that. On a side note, the maximum elevation at the San Francisco marathon is 375 m and this hill is almost that. But This one is short, maybe 0.4mile whereas the one in the marathon is longer. Anyway it was good practice, and I think we will incorporate this hill into most of our LSD.
After the hill, we got into sync, so that for almost another mile we were running in tandem- the way GB wants us to run, but we dont because one of us is either behind or in the front. I think we walked the last 0.3-4 mile and finished in 1hr35 min.
GB measured the route later and got 5.9miles, I did it and got 6.1 miles, so we averaged out at 6miles. So we are still doing a pace of 4mph, I dont think we are running slow, its the walk breaks , we just walk too slow. I saw a lady this morning on my way to GB's house who was powerwalking , thats the way I want to be able to walk.
I am satisfied with my run today, told GB that at 6 miles into our half-M, we had already started feeling the distance, and were tired. Today, I felt fresh even after finishing the session. I think the earlier start also helped, we were home at 7 AM, I have the whole day to do as I please. I did sleep for an hour, woke up with some stiffness in the knees which got better after icing.

Next LSD at 5 AM.

Overall mood-Satisfied
(copied from http://partystefanie.livejournal.com, she started running in March 2007, is an inspiration, has a cute frog at the end of her post which tells the mood of the day, I like her blog.

No comments: