365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

XT- walk

Today is XT day.
I had planned to walk in the evening but some friends called to say they would visit this evening, so plan changed to morning.
I love to sleep in the morning hours- as soon as it gets warmer in the summer, my sleep patterns change. I sleep early at around 9.30 pm, wake up at 2AM because am so hot and then get the best deep sleep in the early hours from 4AM till 6/7 AM.
GB also decided to walk with me, tho I think she wanted to run, but I am going exactly by the marathon training schedule, today is XT on that, so I am not going to push myself to run. So far have had no major physical setbacks and I hope that continues.
Started at 5.25 AM, nice cool breeze, finished at 6.35 AM, sun was out, but we were walking on a nice shady path so it didnt trouble us too much. I like this area of our town, we had done our first 6 mile run here, long back, and GB and I were recalling that day- we were so tired by the end of it!! We were dragging our feet, I was worried about a lack of restrooms, 6 miles now is childs play.
Next weekend LSD is 7 miles and we will do it again on this side.
So done for the day, might do some weights and stretches later on- actually have to, so will find some time for that.

No comments: