365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Saturday, May 31, 2008

LSD 7.9 miles, Goals for June.

Went alone today. GB was sleeping in( she keeps telling me not to write that because she actually is awake at that time- so whats preventing her from joining me??- lost the running shoes??). DH wanted to give his leg a rest- he apparentally strained a muscle while working on the elliptical.

Woke up at 4.45 AM, first thought was-lets not go today, next one was- if I dont go today then it will have to be tomorrow, so lets get it done and over with today. I am all for delayed gratification. Tomorrow I will sleep in , read in bed, drink tea in bed, just laze around.

Started at 5.33 AM, as usual the first 2-3 miles are really difficult. This is one thing I really need to understand- whether I do 2 miles or 5 or 10 miles, why are the first 2 so difficult. Its as if my body refuses to move. As if theres a big rubberband pulling me backwards. I have already done 2 miles a hundred thousand time in my life- why is it so difficult.

I was OK after the first 3 miles. R3min/W2min, approx but average speed is still 4mph. I have to build it to 4.3mph till the marathon. Its been 7 months since we started doing this and the speed is not increasing. We still have another 4 months yet, lets see. Weather was beautiful, slightly windy, cool, no sun till 7.33 am when I finished.

May done. We finished a half-M and that is good. I have become slightly more regular with the weights and the running sessions but need to incorporate yoga regularly. No change in weight so far- do not anticipate any. Given up on that end-for now.

Goals for June 2008:
1. 20/30 R/W sessions
2. 5-6 elliptical sessions.
3. 8 weight sessions
4. 8 yoga sessions.
5. Stretching after each workout- I have been missing those and I feel it.
Maybe try Pilates?

No comments: