365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

LSD 6.6m

My husband(DH) wanted to join us for this run. He does 3 miles of running 3-4 times a week and generally looks down his long nose at GB and my efforts.
But yest he was adamant -' I am going for the 7 miles with u'

Woke up at 4.30 AM, had my PBJ and 16 oz of water, got dressed, woke him up, called GB who didnt want to go because there was rain in the weather forecast.

So we started walking. We walked for the first mile , nice warmup, all downhill. Then I started running at my usual slow speed with my dh on my side smirking away to glory. Thankfuly we were doing a route which has some lovely old houses and for a couple of miles that got his attention.

GB and I had done this route around our 100-105th day of marathon preparation and it had been difficult- one because of the unknown factor, and also because we were so new then.
Today it was fairly easy, tho the time hasnt changed much, also helped by the cool weather. I didnt have the feeling of weak legs or hips by the end of it. Nowadays my criteria of a good session is if I can climb the stairs of my house without knee pain at the end of it,today I could.

We finished approx 4-5 miles, alternating slow running and fast walking. Then DH felt a twinge, in his left knee, on the outside of his left knee. So he could not run after that. So we walked the rest of the mile and half. I meanwhile was all set to go, but had to slow down because of him. This is one he will have to hear for a long time to come.!! The last mile was uphill, and poor poor DH walked the whole distance manfully. I was breathing hard thru out, I have learned to ignore that now as just something I do, but , but, I was the one smirking now!!

Came hme and he got to use the ice pack on his knee, which felt better after 20 min. He was very happy with the whole run/walk- activity in the AM makes the day go by better. I am just hoping he doesnt make a regular feature of it- I do like to go with GB- then I can smirk all the way.

Overall- satisfed with the session, LSD done for this weekend, 8 miles next time.

No comments: