365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Sunday, June 8, 2008

XT-elliptical and weights, time factor.

Did the endurance session on the elliptical- 42 min, 1.9miles, burnt 411 cal!! dont believe it,didnt sweat as much either, I think this machine needs to be reset.

Have to do weights in the evening and abwork too. No change in weight so far, but can feel the increased tone in the muscles.

Easy day today. Regular 45 min run tomorrow.

Was going over my log and I have worked out about 4-5 days for the last few weeks. Even tho I have the tmill and the elliptical at home and dont have to go out to a gym to workout, I have realised that working out is a major time commitment.

Even if I were not preparing for a marathon, apart from the Saturday LSD, the rest of the days I would try and workout 30-40 min as part of basic health maintainance. And it takes atleast an hour to complete a 30-40 min workout- change into workout clothes before, workout, stretch afterwards, shower, post exercise snack etc etc. So I am really glad that I have been able to keep up with it so far. And hope to continue once the marathon is over.

The LSD might create some problems as it gets longer than 10 miles ,which will take me more than 2 hours every other Saturday. But if I can do it for my daughters- soccer practices and torunaments, I should try and take out the time for me too. I understand that, but making my family see my point of view is a tad bit difficult.

No comments: