365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Walk 2m with 13yo!

Yup, she went with me! At 5 AM.
Woke her up at 5 and not a murmur of 'let me sleep some more'
Did 2 miles in 38 min. Which was a nice regular pace for me to recover from yesterdays 9miles and her from yesterdays soccer practice where they did plyometric drills.
Wht do u talk with a 13yo- undivided attention for 38 min, no phones, t.v, computer chatting, i-pod or plain sulkiness. We talked about her friends, ssome tentative plans for a surprise party for a couple who are moving away, and I gave my lecture on diet and exercise-- Do as I say, not as I do.
Again, beautiful morning, and I again wonder how I can get out of the habit of exercising in the mornings. But felt very sleepy the whole day today because havent slept well for the past 2 nights- unknown reasons.
Amazing tho, how this 2m route, which is a recovery walk for me now, used to be my regular workout and I would as if I had done something so big by completing it. The theory of relativity comes into play.
Yesterday I was reading a blog by someone who is running with the TNT-Team in training. So I was wondering why GB and I never thought of joining a team for our LSD and general runs.
I feel I just am not ready for the commitment it calls for. Here I can start at any time of the day, either day of the weekend, and dont have to drive someplace for the LSD.
OTOH, the extra motivation and inspiration from a team must help.
Maybe for my second marathon!! I will attend some running clinics.
This time its GB and NB only, tho again GB seems to be a bit lost, maybe she'll be back by the time I am back from my vacation.
I will get our hosts address today and plan some run/walks on mapmyrun. Maybe my DH will join me. Maybe I'll have access to a computer to blog sometimes.
Will try to do my 30 min speed session before I leave tomorrow.

No comments: