365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Saturday, June 7, 2008

LSD part 2

did not happen. but that was a given, wasnt it?

Was very tired the whole day, dropped off the I-Ls at the airport,went to see Kung-fu Panda which was hilarious, then just lazed around. the kids kept interrupting my afternoon nap and that made me very cranky. Wanted to go for the 3mile after dinner but then my DH said- Oh take a break, you did do some in the morning, and the part of me which did not actually want to go, listened to him.

So I sat back and planned on the next step. This coming wednesday, my husband is off work, and I have to reach the office at 8.45 AM. so I am planning to do the 10 mile LSD, which I will be missing the coming weekend, on wednesday! Brilliant idea, isnt it. This way, I wont miss the long run for the vacation week. Will start at 5 AM and end by 7.30 AM. Take tuesday off, Sunday and Monday do the regular runs.

Now I just have to prepare for it mentally. Because if anyone even hints- why do you have to do this?, I just sit back.

Off-topic: google puts ads on this page according to the topic written on.
So I mentioned 'runs' a couple of times and notice the upper left hand corner? they have put in ads for 'runners diarrhea' aka 'the runs':)

No comments: