365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Walking Manhattan

Thats what I have been doing these 2 days.
Yesterday was a longer distance, covering Times Square from 34th /7th to 53rd/3rd ave a few times. I walked slowly as there was so much to see but we practically walked the whole day.

Today we took the tour bus covering the downtown loop and so didnt walk much. Just on and off the bus. In the evening went to see the Yankees vs Padres game and that too inovolved minimal walking, just on and off the subway.
Each time I travel I strongly feel that when I go back I will be more firm with my weight loss efforts. Once I reach home I forget and lose interest.

Home soon and back to marathon training again.

No comments: