365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

AM run, great.

Speed session today- short and sweet. In the morning at 5.30 AM, which is late by some peoples standards. Today the whole session was so smooth, I am all set to go upto 5.2mph next week . Then it will be difficult for maybe 3 sessions and again get easier.

I am more concerened about the fact that I cannot run continuously- even at 4.2mph the most I can manage is 2 min at a time, maybe I will do a morning workout and it will seem easier. Maybe I am not pushing myself too much, maybe this is how I run?

This weeks LSD might get missed- DH is on call so leaves the house at 7.20 AM, I-Ls are leaving on Sat at 9AM, so have to help them get ready. Sunday is a possibility if I start at 4.45 AM and finish the 9 miles by 7 aM. For that GB will have to come with me as its really dark at that time.
I dont know about GB, shes too much into that Wii-fit, I will have to start working on her today to accompany me on Sunday.

Last day of school today, summer vacation, popscicles, swimming, soccer practice, hot lazy afternoons, lemonade, shady trees, slothy behaviour all over again.

No comments: