365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

LSD 9.06miles

Woke up at 4.30 AM and started off at 5.04AM. For exactly 2 min thought of not going, and then- if not now , then, when?

Beautiful weather, breeze, birds chirping, trees swaying in the wind, cool.

New route, going thru the more expensive suburb, huge mansions, designer manicured golf course, hilly course. Had looked up the 10 mile route on mapmyrun.com , and it meant coming to a certain point and going back the same way. That would have been good, but unfortunately I had to use the restroom , so had to go to the nearby grocery store, which meant I just carried on to make a whole loop. Which would be about 6.8 miles so I carried on for another 2 miles and completed to 9.06 miles.

Its actually pretty boring doing it on ones own, but the route was new for me, and beautiful, so I didnt mind it. I actually saw a deer trying to cross the road, but it turned away when it saw me hunkering down the hill. Poor wildlife, we have just taken over. While coming down the hill, I could see the houses in the sub-division below- humungous houses with handkerchief sized lawns, no privacy. Make no mistake, I myself live in a house like that, but I often wonder if we really need all that space- 4 people, maybe 2 more for 3-5 months of the year, there can be occasions when I dont see my dtrs faces for hours. And all that extra expense, and the wastage of earth's resources.

Came back, I was done before the family even woke up. Iced my knees and went off to work. Knees didnt give much problem today.

Now my 13yo wants to go with me tomorrow at 5 AM, I guess she wants to see for herself if walking in the morning is all that great as I say it is!! Very tired in the evening, need to sleep now!!.

No comments: