365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Monday, June 2, 2008

Regular run cut short, real athlete

R/W session, had to cut short, looked at log and realised all my monday workouts are more difficult to do- maybe I am still tired from the LSD on Sat. But for the last 3-4 weeks I have been missing the second session of 45 min R/W I am s'posed to do on Thursdays so have nothing to compare with. I should get more regular with this.

You know you are a real runner/walker/athlete when you dont want to take a vacation if it means missing the runs.
I dont think I have written that correctly. What I mean is this-- we are going to New jersey-New york for a week , the 2nd week of june, and I dont want to go!! because it means I will miss the 10mile and 12 mile LSD. And I might find some time to run during the week but where??
I havent voiced this out to my family yet because this would be a family joke forever. Imagine NB 'missing ' her workouts!!

I didnt want to run today but forced myself because I know I will be missing a whole week and a half worth of sessions then.

No comments: