365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Day 27

Easy 2 mile walk, 20 min free weights.

Did the weights in the AM, and walked in the afternoon. Smart move to do the walk at 3.30 pm while it was still sunny outside.

Moving is getting easier and I feel good after doing the exercise, but later on there is some stiffness and tired feeling.
Today on coolrunning forums somebody had posted 'A Joggers Manifesto' interesting discussion regarding joggers and runners, apparently speeds of less than 6mph are categorised as jogging, and covering 13 miles in 2hours was being considered slow. I did the math, 13 miles in 2 hours is what--6-7mph. Wow! then what are we?-the shufflers?coming in at 4-4.5mph.
I dont mind-call me by any name, runner,jogger,walker,shuffler,crawler, as long as I am moving towards my goal, I am fine.
The issue right now with me is the eating. Man! I eat a lot. Esp now that its cold, it seems as if my body wants to keep fillingitself to feel warm. So I eat everything in sight.And so I have gained weight.Running is supposed to be good for weight loss but I was calculating, 2 miles on the treadmill and I burn only 180 cal. which I can negate by eating one teeny snack. I always felt that I just cannot control my eating habits,that I am addicted to eating, which I guess I am, but now i have to take things in hand.The over-eating and the over weight is affecting my running, no one else can control it for me, running alone wont help me lose weight , I will have to work on this aspect too.
Will start with one small change- no packaged goods from tomorrow- no cookies,crackers, chips-my downfall, first thing I eat as I step into the house after work , easy to tear the pack open and hog.Will monitor for 1 week and see. Replace with hot green tea. Anti-oxidants will be good for me.

No comments: