365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Day 14

Missed today.
Woke up at 5 AM and then just could not make myself get out of the warm bed. Thought I would do the weights in the pm, after all its only 20 min, but then life took over. Had to go for the younger dtrs end of the year soccer party, ate too much pizza which was actually quite good and now am so stuffed that even lifting this small laptop upstairs made me short of breath.
And that brings into mind the other aspect, in the last 2 weeks havent lost an ounce, tho' havent gained an ounce either. Its been 2 weeks and I am losing my steam, for me this is the most dangerous part of any program, I lose interest around the 2-3 week period. The kid in me wants instant gratification-after 2 weeks I should be able to see some changes.The adult, patient, focussed me knows that changes in tone, stamina will begin to be noticeable around week 4-6. Do you think I can last till then?
Ok so recap of today--lesson learnt- those who fail to plan, plan to fail.
Plan for tomorrow--do the W3D2 of C25k.
Was surfing the web, there is a American River half marathon coming up in May , will have GB post the link, maybe that can be one of our small goals if it falls in the right time period.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am the same...want the instant gratification. I lose steam 2-3 weeks in, and then hit another bump at about 2-3 months. I haven't yet conquered the last one permanently. I don't know what the key is but try not to be too hard on yourself and make sure you're rewarding yourself in other ways.