365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Day 25

Easy 2 mile walk today in the PM , but the last 1/2 mile became a little hard by default.

I started walking at 5 pm and it was getting dark but I thought I would finish in good time. By the time I started walking back towards the house it was pitch dark and I had to pick up my speed. No traffic on the roads, no street lights, no other walkers/joggers/runners, I started moving faster and then had to stop because even the swishing of my own clothes was making me nervous.
Finished the walk today but made a note, no going out at night, am too scared to enjoy the walk then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me too! Totally scared of the dark. I did get myself an 80 lb German Shepherd to come with me, but I'm still scared of the dark...no shame in it. :)