365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Day 50 - A stupid mistake

Missed workouts on day 48 and 49. Day 48 was supposed to be a rest day while I didn't feel upto it yesterday. NB left for vacation yesterday. She gave me 'Marathon, You can do it' by Jeff Galloway as a Christmas present along with a panoramic jigsaw puzzle and lotttts of chocolates (bad idea!!!). Read the book's reviews - I hope I find it just as helpful.
Ok, now for my stupidity. I had lunch at noon, tea after that, was feeling hungry but went to the gym at 6.30 pm. So, of course I couldn't complete the 4 miles I had planned for today - Complete? I couldn't even start....Walked at 3.2 m/h to complete 1.5 miles in 27 mins. It was awful, my legs and ankles were aching as soon as I started. I don't know, I really have to look into this. If I eat 2-3 hours earlier than the workout, I tend to get side splits, if earlier than that, I am hungry - what should I do :(? Maybe something like eat a heavy lunch at noon and something light 2-3 hrs earlier than the workout, I don't know, have to figure this out....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been following your blog over the last seven weeks. Both GB and NB are making progress. Just keep at it and your body will adapt to the increasing mileage.

Here is a great site with a lot of information. I have used Hal Hidgons training schedules.
http://www.halhigdon.com/

If you did not watch the PBS Nova marathon challenge, I would recommend watching.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/marathon/program.html

David
http://www.passionforrunning.com/