365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Day 38

1hr 40 min on tmill, approx 5.5 miles, I am sure its more because I felt I had exerted myself much more today than last week's LSD with GB. I usuallly run at 4.5mph and now even 3.8 mph puts me out of breath. I walk in between the running at 3mph!!Either the machine was wrong before and I am actually slow or its going too fast now and I cant keep up. I will have to go to GBs gym and caliberate my speed 'cos dont know how to make this tmill right.

Signs of my first blisters on the soles of my feet coming up so now a trip to the sports shop is needed to get the synthetic socks to prevent them. I broke my rule of not spending anything on a new hobby for 2 months, till I was sure I would follow it, by getting 'The nonrunners marathon guide for women'. It was a tossup between Jeff galloways 'marathoning 'and this one and I picked this one just because am not in a mood to be serious about running just yet.

Last week didnt go to well, ran only twice in the week, I think the tmill not working properly put me off. Read some coolrunning posts and started on this book, I think now is the time to start increasing the time of the workouts to atleast 40 min per session. 'Should' be doing it, but just 'cant' which is another name for 'wont', Ok I will do 4 workouts next week minimum 40 min each time even if the tmill doesnt start behaving.

The best part of all this movement is the eating, burnt approx 5oo cal, ate the yummiest egg sandwich with cheese! washed down by Oj. Guilt free!.Love that part.

No comments: