365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Friday, February 8, 2008

Day 99- Rest day Correction Day 100

Rest today, throat scratchy, eyes itchy,body aches started yest morning but against all good advice I still did the 45 min r/w in the evening. This whole week have managed to do only 3 of the 5 planned workouts. Very slow and unable to keep up the running pace for more than a min at a time. Keep reminding myself of the turtle and the hare-not that I am aiming to win a race, just to finish a run.
Thankfully felt Ok today , but was worried that would have to miss the long 6.5 mile tomorrow.

Was thinking- if this happened around the half marathon in May or the full in Oct- all this preparation gone to waste. I am sure it has happened to others, what do you do ?

Did go to GBs apt gym to see how much my actual speed is, could run on hers at 4.3mph so it means my tmill is faster by .5mph. Which is good that I am not actually running at 3.8mph and am covering more distance than 2 miles in 40 min, but it also shows me that I have not become faster since Nov when I got my speed down from 4.7mph to 4.3mph to run longer. Am I expecting things too soon- its been only 2 months since then, maybe the speed will come if becomemore regular with the workouts and train a bit faster.

No comments: