365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Monday, February 4, 2008

Day 95 confusion Correction Day 96

Walked 3.15 miles including the dreaded hill in 50 min. yesterday.

Today R/W 2.65 miles in 50 min.
Started out with 5min warmup , then kept speed at 3.8 mph and tried to run for 10 min continuously, was able to that once, next session after 2 min walk lasted 8 min ,again rest for 2 min and the run session lasted only 3 min, after that it was 1R/2W for the rest of the workout. Felt sort of let down because have been doing my workouts pretty regularly and there seems to be no increase in speed and now am unable to run the 30 min continuously. Had some time during the day and skimmed thru a marathon guide at Borders and realised, I dont have to be running continuously for 30 min at a time, I can run/walk the whole marathon- the point is to build endurance for the distance. Ok,so thats a good realisation.

Discussed this with GB, what we have been doing on our long runs is running continuously for more that 10 min initially and then getting tired by the last mile. So we will have to do the R/W sessions from the beginning and not wait till we are too pooped out to continue.This week LSD is going to be 6.5 miles so we have to prepare in terms of water and energy giving snacks, I still have to buy my shoes, and a fanny pack to carry all the stuff, till now I have been carrying my cell phone in my hand, imagine!, no wonder I cant speed up.

Spent half an hour on the web trying to learn how to caliberate the tmill, too many math calculations, pretty much beyond me, or I just dont want to use my brains. Anyway either will continue the way it is , tho thats pretty demotivating, to see me huffing and puffing and oozing sweat for 50 min and ending with 2.65 miles when I can WALK 3.15 outside in the same time. Or will ask the sales person at the sports shop we got it from. So much to do , so little time.

1 comment:

audgepodge said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Good luck training for Nike - I also need to keep a close eye on registration as I would like to do the half again.