365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Saturday, February 9, 2008

DAY 100 - Long run of 6.5 miles Correction Day 101

Whined and griped in the first three miles. 'Why am I doing this?, Why would anybody do this? I am not doing this again....I am crazy...I hate this....' As soon as we completed 3 miles, I was a happier peppier person. I had half a banana and thankfully (for NB) was quiet for the next mile. Walked the last mile. Completed 6.5 miles in 1 hr 40 mins, though I can't believe it as all I remember of the run was me whining and trying to run. I was slow and NB could have completed this much faster. I feel guilty slowing her down, but then I console myself by saying that I am helping her prevent injuries - slow and steady wins the race ;)

Things I have realised - yet again.....

1. It's all psychological - Today I think I was scared of the long distance and hence was whining half the way. Also, in all my runs, as soon as I realize that I have been continously running for some time, my subconcious says that I should be out of breath, and I start losing my breath :(

2. I have to, have to, have to lose weight. I know, I know I have said this before, but now I am going to work on it. For our 8 mile run which is going to happen in 2 weeks, I want to lose 5 pounds. So, here it goes:

Even though I am the laziest person on earth who has no motivation of losing weight and while running, does NOT want to run, I declare :/ that I will lose 5 pounds for the 8 mile run. Fot that, I will :

1. Not buy cookies or chips or icecream (will sustain on whatever is already in the pantry, aww!! come on!!!! just a little is left)
2. Will always try to have food in the refrigerator so that I don't eat junk food from McDonald's or Wendy's or Taco Bell or....
3. I'll remember that I have to lose weight.

So, I'll be honest in my posts and all of you will be able to see my progress.......uhhh, what have I got myself into?????

btw, my body is not feeling as bad as it was feeling after the 5 mile run :)

1 comment:

Tim Wilson said...

Congrats on the 6.5, that 8 will be easier than you think! You can take that 5 lbs off, stop thinking ice cream!!! Think Spinach! :)