365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Day 93- Hills are not my friends Correction Day 94

2.5 miles

Did it in 60 min, yes 60 min. This included a 400 yard approx 400 feet, hill, TWICE!!. We were almost crawling by the end of it but did it twice.
Started by calling GB to get ready which she did unwillingly, then called her from outside the house - she said she's wearing her shoes.Our roads meet at a 90 degree angle and my side is 0.6 miles to her 0.8 miles, so I walked and ran maybe 100 yards and reached the angle and looked up and down for her. Thinking she couldnt have made it so fast, I started running towards her apt., in my mind getting irritated by the min. Then I called her cell-phone- got no answer, so went back towards the hill we were supposed to do.The poor girl had been standing there the whole time. And my poor inflated ego couldnot believe that she had reached there faster than me so I just started yelling at her for not being in the right place at the right time- totally unrelated topics. Give credit to her- she heard me out.
Any way, went down the hill, its 400 ft , walking, came up running , running was slower than walking, going down felt that if I tried to run I would just roll down, But did it twice. Then parted ways and came home.
Have noticed that always feel better when I am done with the workout, I was actually humming when I reached home.
Its difficult for me to get out of the house for any length of time, I have a family, including my husband who love the word "no", so even if I say "I want water" they all say 'no' and my mental makeup is such that I stop doing whatever I am doing or want to do at that word- I am sure it must be something in the way I was raised- will have to confront my parents about it.So when I say i am going for a walk the husband says"no', the 13yo remembers something urgent she wants me to do like take her to the mall to buy a present for some friend whose b'day is 2 weeks away, and the 6yo starts whining about just anything. So that spoils my mood and I am mentally yelling, screaming fighting with them when I start out the session. Now I am trying to teach myself that all these people are self-sufficent and can take care of themselves for 1 hour each Saturday. So I am the one who will have to make the change.

No comments: