365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Saturday, August 23, 2008

LSD 8miles, strategies, when GB runs!!!

So we did our LSD today, 8.2miles in 117 min, 14.2minmile, I cant go over this enough!

Started at 4.35 AM from my house, nce starry sky, breezy,felt good. Met with GB at the junction and GB was in the mood today to just rock it! She started off with running and walking alternating between the red lights. And she ran faster than normal and walked faster than normal, so that I was lagging behind, huffing and puffing.After 2 miles she wanted to try the r3min/w2min routine so we started that- it was better for me.

Then at 4 miles we reached our first bad hill- 200 ft ascent over half a mile. We walked up this hill and remembered a day approx 6 mnths ago when GB had literally died at the sight of this hill. Today we just walked till the top- it wasnt easy, but we didnt take any breaks and our pace was smooth thru out. Then came aabout a mile of gradual descent which we ran at a good pace. Went down the 2nd hill and after 5 min I turned back because today the DH is on call and I had to be home by 6.30 AM to pack his lunch.

Going back faced the 2nd hill and I again walked at a consistent speed. Finished with running till the house. I honestly thought I had done less than 8 miles today but I was satisfied because I had done 2 hills in these 8 miles . Kept trying to push myself during the last stretch just to get a lesser time.

Came home and after doing the breakfast/lunch stuff, sat with mapmyrun. And was so pleasantly surprised to see I had done 8.2 miles! I mapped it out 3 times and called GB to confirm, which she did. And in a good time. I think she covered more in the last bit to her house, she will log it in.

So I am satisfied today- now in the next 50 days to get the short runs down to a speed of 13.5minmile and the LSD to 14 minmile with hills. Can u believe it - only 50 days left?

Walk tomorrow, 4 miles, will try and include a hill.

No comments: