365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day 301 of Marathon Preparation

Actually had meant to write yesterday- day 300, but today is OK too.

301 days of pursuing a goal. 301 days of thinking, planning, agonising, giving up and then taking up again, wondering, writing about this one goal, and its not over yet. That decision will be made on October 19th 2008.

Yesterday was in a different mood, body and mind not wanting to push it. It was a walk only day for me but I had planned on doing fast walk intervals , but just could not do it. Not even the sight of GB running in front of me. So 3.58miles in 65 min. Slow, I know.Then came back and read a great man's thoughts--the gist of which was, that the person who follows their mind cant acheive much in life. That one has to control one's mind which tries to lure one down the easy path. Was too tired to do anything about my mind yesterday, barely cooked dinner and went off to sleep at 9 pm, right after Hilary Clinton gave her talk at the Democratic Convention- where does she get the energy, that fire , that enthusiasm, amazing! I am jealous.

This morning followed the same routine and told myself that I would be faster today, even if by 10 sec. And I guess I was- dont have any fancy gadgets, just my trusty cell phone to tell the time, I reached home at 56 min, and I am happy about that. Next week will try and shave off another min off this distance.

Walk tomorrow, rest, LSD 9 miles on Sat.

No comments: