365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

LSD 18.5m Doubts

Did 18.5m in 5h45min on Sat.

Not a good experience, not even average. Started at 4.45 Am, had to take a restroom break because had started so early, it was very hot and I think we got tired sooner even tho we kept drinking the water. Took a 15 min break at GBs apt to drink water and get a snack. Then she did another 5 miles for a total of 15 and I did 18.64m

Not atall satisfied. Took too long-18minmile, and so tired at the end of it, hurting everywhere.
Very angry with myself. Nobody forced me to start this, and I dont even have to finish it- just put it down as that experience I wanted to have but gave up because it was too hard. Noone has a gun down my throat telling me to do a marathon. But if I want to do it, it has to be a full fledged effort.

Why miss workouts, why eat bad- anyone pushing that 2nd serving of rice down my gullet? Why not wake up at 5 AM to finish the workout because I know I wont be able to do it later. Why miss the XT workouts of yoga nad weights when I know I need a strong core to be able to run better?
Basically why act like an idiot? Who am I doing it for?? Just me. Its only me. So why not put in 100%, heck, even 90% will have me see the finish line.

Really angry today, would kick myself if I could. Lets see how long this frustration lasts. Made worse this morning when read some posts on the prevention site- walkers preparing for a november marathon and can do 10 miles at 13-14min mile. I cant even do a 5K at that pace.Hopping mad.Craazy mad. At me. Have to push myself now. Only 9 weeks left.

1 comment:

tamblair said...

Sorry you had such a bad run. I feel your frustration. Just keep fighting for yourself, because ultimately that is what it is all about.