365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Back to the grind

Went to Fort Bragg for 13yo soccer tournament, big affair in small beachside place. About a 100 teams. you would think, and actually I did too, that I would make use of this oppurtunity ro run long and far on the beachside, enjoying the salty air, the wonderful view etc etc.

Did not happen. Firstly the 6 yo would not let go of me. She did not want to play with any of the little siblings of the other girls on the team leaving me free to do as I wished.

Then the DH was in no mood to take care of her while I went for a stroll on the beach.

The major reason was that there was no beach area meant for running. It is all small coves, outlined by craggy cliffs overlooking the Pacific,beautiful view, meant to be enjoyed sitting on beach chairs, eating a sandwich.So we played in the sand, looked for seashells on the seashore, but no running or walking.

Does that mean that I couldnt do some stretching in my room.But I was too lazy to get up and stretch and so whatever time we spent in the room, it was in front of the t.v watching Phelps and Misty and Kerri win gold medals, while we sat and stuffed ourselves....

Today I made myself do this 3.6m walk just to get out of the 4 day lethargy. Included a long hill, so I took some extra time. Factor in the heat, and the 4 day time-off, and the weekend stuffing, so the time of 15.9min/mile is OK. As if it would be faster without those factors!!!

So I am back. Hopefully will be able to follow schedule this week. 10 weeks for M-day!!

No comments: