365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Friday, April 18, 2008

Pre-preparation for LSD 14 miles

14 miles tommorow!.
Feeling slightly apprehensive, dont know why, I mean if one has done 11.3miles, then what is another 3 miles??
Planning to go to the actual half marathon course in the AM and do the run there. Have got some things lined up:
-cap, sun glasses, water, PBJ , banana, socks, shoes, googled the directions.
Lets see how it goes.

Finished watching the PBS NOVA marathon clips. Some very nice pointers- esp for weight loss, given by Miriam Nelson, RN, nutritionist. Diet mangement is the trump card in weight loss , exercise is only for toning the body and making it function well.
Today I was calculating; I run/W an average of 15 miles a week. Which means a maximum of 1500 calories lost after all that activity- even if it raises my basic metabolic rate. 3500 calories make a pound, which means if I do only the running and make no other changes in my diet I should lose 1-2 pounds a month. But u know, it is so easy to eat more than before, because all that running makes one hungry- physically and psychologically. So I eat more and it takes only 200 cal a day extra to balance out whatever I have lost with the running. 2 extra pieces of chocolate, a third serving of rice and beans....

But I am not doing this marathon for weight loss, not to prove anything to anybody, not because I turned 40(so what!!, everyone does), not to see if I am physically fit or if I can be physically fit, not for charity.
It was on my list of things to do in this lifetime, once upon a time, but I had forgotten about that list. It wasnt even because GB suggested it one fine morning when both of us were bored and decided to do this blog and the marathon- if that were the only reason we would have given up the 2nd month, tho there is still danger of giving up depending on how we fare in tomorrows run.

SO, I dont know. I do not know why I am doing this marathon. It could be because of none of the above reasons or all of them. We will see.

1 comment:

Awful Runner said...

Thanks for the comment over on my space. Good luck on achieving all of your goals. I can't wait to hear more about your successes on the your way to achieving your final goal.