365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Day 147, allergies

I know, havent posted in a long time. Havent been feeling well since last week, did force myself to finish a couple of workouts.
Last Sunday, started feeling very short of breath, suddenly.
First thought was that I'm having a heart attack! , then-oh no! not now when I am trying to run a marathon! So spent the whole night going over the important things I would like to do before I was taken to the hospital- hide my journals, clean my closet, say nice things to my kids etc etc etc, and yeah my husband too. Yup, God is going to give me time to do all that.
Then went over the reasons I could be having the difficulty breathing. Top of the list is ofcourse my increased weight and my dear hubby would agree whole heartedly with that, but the weight has been increasing over the last few months..., OK, last few years, a slow gradual, not noticeable process, so why now when I am more active.
It could be my allergies and I am having all the symptoms, itchy eyes, runny nose, scratchy throat, u name it. Maybe the allergies are changing into asthma, maybe I need to see a doctor.
What it definately is not, is deconditioning or lack of exercise. I went over my log and I have been pretty regular with exercise, tho I still want to add on the weights. I have these allergies every year and each time I seem to get better if I do a combination of yoga,free weights and walking. This incident has made me sit up and want to be regular with my workouts, how much I do it is a different story.
The workout today was difficult, I have been unable to run continuously on the tmill even tho I finished the C25k program, but today was especially bad. I got more out of breath if I tried to run slower, and I could keep the running speed only for a min at a time. Anyways finished the 40 min session and gloated to Gb who runs maybe once a week and can run a mile continuously-maybe I should learn from her and stop doing my weekly workouts so diligently. Tho I know the day I stop doing the 3-4 workouts a week that I do, I will swell up like a puffer fish.

LSD 11 miles this weekend-the one we were supposed to do last weekend!

No comments: