365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Monday, March 10, 2008

Day 130 - Long distance run of 9.15 miles

The run went very well.

Per NB's advice, I had been working out atleast 3 times a week. Maye that was the reason it was fairly easy. I have been trying to increase my speed over shorter distances throughout the week. Am trying to get used to the 4.5m/h-4.7 m/h speed so that can run at that speed for longer distances.

Ran the first approx 6 miles at 4.2 m/h. Hopefully in a couple of months will be able to run at 4.4m/h for longer distances, and some months later at a little faster pace...For the first time, running the marathon really, really seemed feasible. Comparing to older times when I couldnt run for long on 4.2 m/h or 4m/h for that matter, I am hoping that if I get this comfortable with a higher speed, it may be highly possible that I will be able to run the 26.2 miles....

At the end of the run was so hungry....it was kinda funny, I couldnt run the last mile bcos I was soooo hungry :), I had to walk....Did not get a headache for the first time after the long run. Reason may be the BIG breakfast NB served me as soon as we reached her home. I also made sure I drank lottttts of water.

All in all, a nice run - I really hope that the future long runs are as good or better..

No comments: