365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Monday, July 14, 2008

LSD 5.53m(7m)

Had to push myself to do this session. Woke up at 4 AM, got dressed, did approx 0.5m on the tmill in 10 min, found it too boring. So went outside. Pushed myself to run/walk for 3 miles and then gave up, walked the rest.

Realised that whatever my pace- r/w, walk, power-walk, walk like a 13yo whos been asked to get a cup of water, walk relaxed with a smile or walk as if i have missed an appointment, howsoever I walk , I end up with a time of average 15-16 min/mile. And being somewhat consistent all these weeks has made no difference- I think I am just not pushing myself enuf. Or I am a walker and not a runner. Whatevr, I just want to cover 26.2 miles in 6.5 hours.

And the distance does not matter, I was as tired after this 5.53m session as I was last week after 12 miles. So what happened to the conditioning?

Anyway, this week LSD is done, next week is 16 miles. I will be on the road for practically 4 hours or more. They are soon going to ask me to pay pedestrian taxes!

1 comment:

tamblair said...

I think you are doing great, especially considering much of your workouts these days are by yourself!! These are some long distances to be going it alone. You just keep going - I know you can do it! You seem to be so dedicated. I hope your sister gets to feeling better with her back. Good luck on your 16 miler!!!